Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant – Train the employees you need
The program is not accepting applications at this time. Further updates coming in March 2017.
The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant provides employers with funding to train new or existing employees to meet the skill requirements for available jobs. If you are an employer in Saskatchewan and you’re looking to fill a potential job vacancy or develop your employees’ current skillsets, you could be eligible for a Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant. The Job Grant covers up to two-thirds of eligible training costs, or up to $10,000 per trainee.
How does the Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant work?
- The employer decides who gets the training and the type of training needed.
- Employers can make multiple grant applications to a maximum of $250,000 annually and receive up to $10,000 per trainee.
- The employer invests one-third of the training costs and gains the benefit of a worker who is skilled and ready to work. The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant will reimburse the employer for the remaining two-thirds of eligible training costs.
- Eligible training costs include tuition and mandatory student fees, textbooks, software and other required materials, and exam fees.
- Training must result in a new employee being hired or a better job for an existing employee.
- The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant supports new investments in training and is not intended to replace an employer’s existing investment in training.
- The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant is open to businesses and non-profit organizations in Saskatchewan.
How to Apply
- Visit www.economy.gov.sk.ca/job-grant to review the program information and complete a pre-assessment checklist.
- Submit the completed checklist to your nearest Labour Market Services office to start your application.
- The Labour Market Services office will then work with you to review your eligibility and to complete a grant application.
- Choose the course you want to take from the Saskatchewan Polytechnic website.
- To register for a course call 306-659-4800 or go to saskpolytech.ca/admissions/apply-and-register/register-for-a-course.aspx
What courses are eligible for funding?
- Any course, including distance or online, that is at least 25 hours in length and can be completed within one year.
- Courses must result in a credential, this includes both credit and non-credit programs.
Bookkeeping for Small Business Owners Part 1 - Managing your Financial Records (BKPG 1600)
Bookkeeping for Small Business Owners Part 2 - Managing your Payroll and Taxes (BKPG 1601)
(BUS1616) LEAN Enterprise Certification
Coaching and Leadership Essentials
Applied Project Management
Course 1 - Project Initiation & Charter (PROJ 1604)
Course 2 - Project Planning, Scheduling, & Budgeting (PROJ 1605)
Course 4 - Project Leadership & Communications (PROJ 1607)
Course 5 - Project Closing & Improvement (PROJ 1608)
Course 6 - Applied Project Management Integration Evaluation (PROJ 1609)
CISCO Certified Network Associate
CISCO CNA Semester I (CNET 101)
CISCO CNA Semester II (CNET 102)
CISCO CNA Semester III (CNET 103)
CISCO CNA Semester IV (CNET 104)
Fibre Optics Certification (INTL 1200)
Microsoft Office 2013 Boot Camp (COAP 1870)