Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant – Train the employees you need
The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant is now accepting applications from eligible employers
for training with start dates between April 1, 2017, and August 31, 2017, pending
during this timeframe.
The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant provides employers with funding to train new or existing employees to meet the skill requirements for available jobs. If you are an employer in Saskatchewan and you’re looking to fill a potential job vacancy or develop your employees’ current skillsets, you could be eligible for a Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant. The Job Grant covers up to two-thirds of eligible training costs, or up to $10,000 per trainee.
How does the Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant work?
- The employer decides who gets the training and the type of training needed.
- Employers can make multiple grant applications to a maximum of $250,000 annually and receive up to $10,000 per trainee.
- The employer invests one-third of the training costs and gains the benefit of a worker who is skilled and ready to work. The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant will reimburse the employer for the remaining two-thirds of eligible training costs.
- Eligible training costs include tuition and mandatory student fees, textbooks, software and other required materials, and exam fees.
- Training must result in a new employee being hired or a better job for an existing employee.
- The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant supports new investments in training and is not intended to replace an employer’s existing investment in training.
- The Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant is open to businesses and non-profit organizations in Saskatchewan.
How to Apply
Visit www.saskatchewan.ca/job-grant to review the program information and complete a pre-assessment checklist.
SaskPoly Courses that are Eligible for the Job Grant
- Most credit courses! Check out our part-time course offerings.
- Non-Credit Courses
- Bookkeeping for Small Business Owners Part 1 - Managing your Financial Records (BKPG 1600)
- Bookkeeping for Small Business Owners Part 2 - Managing your Payroll and Taxes (BKPG 1601)
- Leadership and Coaching and Essentials (LEAD 1065)
- Applied Project Management
PROJ 110 – Project Initiation and Charter Development
PROJ 111 – Project Planning, Scheduling & Budgeting
PROJ 112 – Project Execution & Control
PROJ 113 – Project Leadership & Communications
PROJ 114 – Project Closing & Continuous Improvement
PROJ 115 – Applied Project Management Integration
CISCO Certified Network Associate
CISCO CNA Semester I (CNET 101)
CISCO CNA Semester II (CNET 102)
CISCO CNA Semester III (CNET 103)
CISCO CNA Semester IV (CNET 104)
Fibre Optics Certification (INTL 1200)
Microsoft Office 2013 Boot Camp (COAP 1870)
A combination of non-credit, professional development courses where the instructional hours add up to 24.