Corporate & Employee Training
We offer short courses and training solutions to meet your business needs in Saskatchewan and Western Canada. Flexible delivery options are matched to your needs. Your training can be delivered on a Sask Polytech campus in Saskatchewan or we can come to you at your office or work site. Webinar and on-demand training options are also available.
Services We Provide
- Professional development
- Technical and safety training
- Various educational opportunities
- Computer training and corporate computer lab rentals
Upcoming Course Offerings
These short courses are available now. Other training options are in development and custom solutions can be crafted to meet your needs.
Ensure the success of your small or home based business by learning how to properly manage your financial records, taxes and payroll.
- Bookkeeping For Small Business and Entrepreneurs, Beginner (BKPG 1800)
- Bookkeeping 1: Managing Financial Records (BKPG 1600)
- Bookkeeping 2: Payroll, Taxes & Strategic Forecasting (BKPG 1601)
According to the Canadian Federation of Independent Business, 70% of business owners are interested in retiring. Without a proper succession plan and successful transition of these businesses from one owner to the next, businesses will be forced to sell below value or close completely.
SaskPoly is pleased to partner with Succession Matching to present a six hour workshop on succession planning for business or farm owners. This course has been developed in cooperation with the Saskatchewan Economic Development Association and it assists business owners in building a successful succession plan.
If you are a business or farm owner, a commercial or agriculture lender, accountant, lawyer, business consultant, insurance broker or financial planner, this course is for you.
Course Content includes:
- Understanding the importance of farm and business transitions to our communities
- Defining the three types of farm and business transitions
- Outlining the steps required in a successful succession plan
- Identifying the succession planning programs available to assist farm and business owners
Introduction to Business Transition and Succession Planning
BUS1618 – CRN 04-903
Tuition: $650 plus GST
Date: Friday, June 16, 2017
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This course is key for those who want to sell their business, for those planning to buy an existing business, or for those professionals who work with businesses on transition planning. Learn the importance of business transitions in our communities and explain three different types of business transitions. Identify the necessary steps that stakeholders should follow when planning a business transition and who should be involved in the process. Learn what programs are available to assist with business transitions and succession planning so that your transition is successful.
The workshop will be held in room 241, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus, 4500 Wascana Parkway. For maps and parking information, visit www.saskpolytech.ca/parking.
Register Online or call Donna at 306-775-7481.
|Dates:||November 14, 15 & 16, 2017|
|Time:||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time|
4500 Wascana Parkway
Do you want to grow sales and revenue in domestic or U.S. markets? Are you beginning to open sales channels outside of the U.S. and Canada?
This best-in-class course will give you a significant return on your investment. Prepare your sales team and sales professionals to produce results with 38-hours of intensive training.
This Job Grant eligible course is endorsed by:
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic a leader in applied and work integrated learning
- The Conference Board of Canada a leading think tank and strategic provider of insights on organizational performance
- Optime’ a leading designer of the most current and effective sales and relationship curriculum in North America
Three action-packed days of powerful sales techniques and learning for $4995! Limited seats available and registration opens soon. Get on the list and leverage this opportunity to make your international sales soar.
|Dates:||October 30, 2017 and February 9, 2018|
$1,759.00 plus GST
|Location:||Online and Classroom|
This blended learning program consists of 4 sequential modules that lead to a Statement of Achievement from SaskPolytech. The program is 48 instructional hours, with 24 hours online and 24 hours in the classroom. Attendance at the classroom sessions in Regina is mandatory. The online modules are both self-paced and instructor led so students always have access to an instructor.
Possible funding sources:
Employers may apply to the Canada Saskatchewan Job Grant which provies employers with training funds for their employees.
The Program consists of the following 4 modules:
Module 1 – Defining Leadership Online: October 30 – November 30, 2017
Module 2 – Leading & Coaching Teams Classroom: December 4, 5, 6, 2017 (half-day Dec 6)
Module 3 – Leadership Toolbox Online: December 11, 2017 – February 5, 2018
Module 4 – Leadership in Action Classroom: February 9, 2018
Leadership and Coaching Development Course Description:
The Leadership and Coaching Development program is a practical program that focusses on the leadership and coaching competences required by today's managers and supervisors. This program will assist you in identifying your personal leadership and communication strengths so that you are able to successfully coach and lead your teams. You will learn Crane's
Heart of Coaching techniques and will practice your coaching skills in the classroom as well as in your own workplace.
a) Defining Leadership (Module 1 – online)
- Identify leadership principles
- Examine the qualities of leaders, leadership traits, behaviours and styles
- Determine personal leadership strengths using StrengthsFinder Self-Assessment
- Define management and compare management styles
- Discuss differences between managers and leaders and examine role of supervisors
- Be introduced to Crane's Model of Leadership and Coaching
- Learn the process and importance of goal setting
b) Leading and Coaching Teams (Module 2 – classroom)
- Review the StrengthsFinder Self-Assessment to build on leadership strengths, and learn how to put natural strengths to work when leading others
- Complete Communication Self-assessment Tool to determine communication strengths
- Practice communication essentials
- Discuss the importance of clear communication and feedback when coaching and leading others
- Learn the reasons for conflict and discover a model for reducing conflict in the workplace
- Discuss teambuilding and the use of teamwork in the workplace
- Review Crane's Coaching model and practice an introductory coaching scenario
c) Coaching Practice in the Workplace (Module 3 – online and workplace)
- Develop a Personal Action Plan that incorporates identified leadership goals and strengths
- Engage in coaching practice in the workplace with another leadership student
- Develop a personal coaching goal with a willing partner in your workplace
- Work through a coaching practice scenario with your workplace partner using Crane's model, guided questions, templates and learnings to date
- Report to your classroom partner who will debrief with you and coach you on obtaining desired results
- Contact the instructor, who is available via technology, to provide coaching assistance
d) Leadership in Action (Module 4 – classroom)
- Summarize learnings to date in one-day workshop
- Identify leadership strengths and challenges
- Discuss how to build strong teams
- Review coaching experiences and discuss strategies for success
- Practice how to handle difficult conversations
- Examine a decision-making model to help you to make the best decisions possible
- Build your Leadership Action Plan for the future
Students will receive a percentage grade. The coaching assignment, comprehensive exam and othe r short assignments will be graded and evaluated by the instructor(s).
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Certificate of Achievement from Saskatchewan Polytechnic.
Linda O'Halloran, Business Development Consultant
Strategy and Business Development
Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus
Phone: 306.775-7480 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Jesse, Business Development Training Assistant
Phone: 306.775-7939 Email: email@example.com
Register with a credit card by calling Registration Services at 306-775-7301 or contact Mary Jesse if you would like to be invoiced.
|Date:||Tuesday, November 2, 2017|
|Time:||9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time|
4500 Wascana Parkway
Learn models for change, change methodologies and a variety of tools so you are prepared to lead and execute change for your organization or team. Take control of how you and others are affected by change, by applying the learnings from Myers Briggs Type Inventory. Manage change by recognizing your champions and applying tools to minimize resistance. Complete an MBTI and Strength Finder inventories and practice your skills via a number of group and individual activities which will enhance your change leadership knowledge.
Whether you're in manufacturing, agriculture, administrative services or other sectors, running a LEAN operation requires creating a culture of continuous improvement. Our offering is designed to help you meet that objective. Learn how to identify various areas of waste, the evolution of LEAN practices in multiple industries, employee engagement and more.
- Core LEAN Workshop tailored to specific industries
- Industrial – (Manufacturing & Processing)
- Administrative – (Office, Academic, Healthcare)
Certificate in Project Management in partnership with UGotClass
Sask Polytech partners with UGotClass to offer relevant and practical online courses and certificates taught by subject matter experts.
The Certificate in Project Management includes three one-month courses. You will learn through readings, audio lectures, slides, and online discussion.
Introduction to Project Management
Project management is one of the fastest paths to promotion by increasing your network through greater exposure. You will have the skills, tools and templates to confidently develop and maintain a project. An overview of salaries, certification costs, education and experience requirements are provided.
Project Management Project Processes
Acquire a well-rounded knowledge of the five Project Management Processes relating to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide. This basic information will assist you in learning the beginnings of Project Management, whether you are interested in project management, in a project management field, or in any line of work. Come away with a solid foundation of the five processes to learn and use when any type of project occurs in your employment arena.
Project Management Knowledge Areas
The Project Management Professional community monitors projects through the five (5) Project Management Processes supported by the ten (10) Project Management Knowledge Areas. This course introduces the student to the ten (10) Project management Knowledge Areas and their support role and relationships to the five (5) Project Management Processes.
Cost: Cdn $259 per course or Cdn $649 for the full certificate
Dates: Several start dates each year. Check website for details.
To Register: Go to http://www.yougotclass.org/catalog-complete.cfm/Saskpolytech
- Choose desired course (Add Course) or certificate (Add Certificate). Pay by credit card.
- Certificate: Upon completion of all three courses, you will receive a certificate from UGotClass.
Linda O'Halloran, Business Development Consultant
Strategy and Business Development, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Regina Campus
Donna Wilchuck, Business Development Training Coordinator