Canadian Test of Basic Skills Entrance Testing
Canadian Test of Basic Skills (CTBS) are assessment tools that identify student achievement in major curriculum areas including vocabulary, reading, language, mathematics, and science.
Your test results are used as one indicator to ensure you are placed into the most appropriate program.
For assistance, information and/or questions, please call 306-765-1717. All CTBS testing at Sask Polytech is at the Prince Albert campus.
18 years of age and out of school for 1 complete year, or 19+ years of age.
Taking the CTBS Test
Important information for you on test day.
- Please be in the testing room by 8:00 a.m. sharp. The room number will be posted at the main entrance of the Prince Albert campus, Academic Building (1500 – 10th Avenue East).
- Testing begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. You must be seated and have forms completed by 8:30am, as no one is admitted to the room once the testing has begun. You will be in attendance until 12:00 noon.
- Seating is limited to a first-come, first-seated basis.
- All testing materials are provided.
- You may request a statement indicating you have written the entrance test.
- Paid parking is available in the student parking lot.
- Remember to bring:
- Your current address and phone number
- Your Social Insurance Number
- Your glasses (if required)
Entrance Testing Schedule 2017-18
All tests are written in Prince Albert on Wednesday mornings from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Please arrive at 8:00 a.m.
Upgrading classes with a Grade 12 (age 22+)
There will be a tuition cost per class. This cost (to be determined) must be paid prior to starting your class(es). It is your responsibility to seek reimbursement from your funding agent.
Test Results and Career Plan
After you have completed the CTBS Test, you will be given a date/time to meet with a Career Counsellor. It is your responsibility to attend the appointment.
If you have a transcript of your high school marks and documentation supporting a learning disability, please bring them with you to your appointment.
During your scheduled appointment, you will complete a career plan with the Career Counsellor and will then be placed on a wait list.