Leadership and Coaching Development (Part-time studies)School of Business Certificate of Achievement
Designed for managers and supervisors, this unique, blended learning Leadership and Coaching program provides leadership strategies to effectively lead individuals and teams. Build your leadership style by learning Crane's coaching model, practicing effective coaching and communication techniques and finalizing your Leadership Action Plan. You will receive coaching to support your leadership journey.
Our expert instructors will lead you through five sequential modules of online learning and classroom practice; 24 hours in the classroom and 36 hours online (self-paced).
|Module 1||Introduction to Leadership and Coaching||Online||January 4 to February 6|
|Module 2||Identifying and Enhancing Your Leadership Skills||Classroom||February 7 to 9 (half day Feb 9)|
|Module 3||Coaching Practice||Online||February 13 to March 22|
|Module 4||Leading Self, Leading Others||Classroom||March 23|
|Module 5||Leadership in Action||Online||March 26 to April 30|
Classroom sessions are mandatory, and are held at Regina Campus.
Introduction to Leadership and Coaching (Module 1 - online)
- determine personal leadership strengths using StrengthsFinder Self-Assessment
- examine Crane's leadership and coaching model
- learn the importance of goal setting
Identifying and Enhancing Your Leadership Strengths (Module 2 - classroom)
- build on leadership strengths and learn how to use your strengths when leading others
- discuss the importance of clear communication and feedback when coaching and leading others
- learn the reasons for conflict and discover a model for reducing conflict in the workplace
- using Crane's coaching model, practice an introductory coaching scenario
Coaching Practice in the Workplace (Module 3 - online)
- demonstrate leadership knowledge and skills through the coaching process
- engage in peer-to-peer coaching with a classmate
- practice coaching with a workplace partner
Leadership Self, Leading Others (Module 4 - classroom)
- review workplace coaching experiences and identify leadership strengths and challenges
- identify leadership behaviours that build strong teams
- review models to build highly effective teams
- learn an approach to decision-making
Leadership in Action (Module 5 - online)
- apply leadership and coaching knowledge and skills
- write your personal leadership action plan incorporating your leadership vision and values
- participate in a one-on-one coaching session with a coach instructor
Potential Funding Sources
This program is eligible for the Canada-Saskatchewan Job Grant.
Staff working for registered charities in social services or early learning and child care fields may qualify for a tuition grant from the Muttart Foundation. For more information, contact Tara Stang (firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply online at Muttart Foundation Bursary.