Applied Research Award for Excellence
Award Description and Criteria
As a recognized leader in working with industry and the community in applied research and innovation, Sask Polytech owes its success to the individual and collective efforts of its faculty and researchers. Our award program recognizes excellence in applied research and innovation as a significant component to making our institution a key contributor to Saskatchewan's economic and social development.
The Sask Polytech Applied Research Award for Excellence is presented every year at convocation. Award winners may be invited to a board of directors' function and attend the convocation lunch with the honorees.
To be eligible, nominees must be current faculty or researchers with at least two recent years of employment with the organization. The nomination must demonstrate excellence in applied research and innovation as per the nomination criteria. Previous winners cannot be re-nominated for the award within a five-year time period.
What you need to know for the awards
- Up to two Sask Polytech awards for recognition of excellence in applied research and innovation will be awarded at convocation.
- Award recipients will be recognized at their campus convocation.
- Each award recipient will receive a framed medal and $1,000 approved funding for professional development or applied research and innovation expenditure which is to be used by the end of the following academic year.
- Recipients will be profiled in the Sask Polytech annual report and related publications.
- Award recipients must participate in an associate vice-president applied research and innovation session hosted by the Office of Applied Research and Innovation in the following academic year.
- The nominator is responsible for securing the letters of support and submission of the complete nomination package.
- Judging is done by committee consisting of two faculty, a student, two Senior Management Assembly (SMA) members, two industry/community representatives, the provost and the associate vice-president applied research and innovation (chair).
Nomination Criteria & Package
- Demonstrated excellence in applied research and innovation
- Nomination form;
- Up to two pages for the nomination which summarizes the candidate’s applied research and innovation achievements;
- A current curriculum vitae of the candidate;
- A letter of support from external industry/community partner;
- A letter of support from a student; and
- A supporting letter from from an out-of-scope manager, dean or associate dean.
Nominations must be submitted electronically.
The deadline for nominations is February 26, 2018
Email the completed nomination package, including letters of support to firstname.lastname@example.org.