Student Family Housing
The Saskatchewan Polytechnic Prince Albert Campus housing units are fully equipped with:
- washer and dryer
- one double bed
- two twin beds
- two night stands
- dinette set
- coffee tables
- window coverings
- one parking space with plug in
Who qualifies for a unit?
In order to qualify for a housing unit, the following requirements must be met:
- your family income cannot exceed $52,000 per year
- one adult in the unit must be a full-time Saskatchewan Polytechnic student
- the family must include a minimum of one child but no more than two. Certain restrictions apply. Please contact the Prince Albert Housing Authority for more details.
How long can I stay?
The length of your stay will depend on the length of your program of study. You are required to sign a contract which will specify actual occupancy dates. For multi-year programs, you may qualify for year-round residency.
How do I apply?
Application forms are available at the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Information KIOSK in the Technical Building or from the Prince Albert Housing Authority, which manages the property.
Your application can only be submitted to the Prince Albert Housing Authority. Please ensure the following documentation is included with your application:
- verification of income
- proof from Saskatchewan Polytechnic Registration Services of full-time student status
What are the costs?
Monthly rent is currently $560 and must be paid to the Prince Albert Housing Authority by Interac only. No other forms of payment will be accepted. A damage deposit of $250 is also required.
You are responsible for securing your utility accounts. All utility bills are to be paid by the resident. Satellite dishes or receivers are not permitted.
What is prohibited?
You will receive a handbook outlining all items not allowed while you are living in the student housing complex. The list below addresses some of the more common questions:
- alcohol - students and guests must be 19 years of age
- drugs and drug paraphernalia
- more than four visitors at a time
- bicycles (not permitted in suites)
- candles, incense, barbeques, hibachis and hot plates
All guests much leave the premises by 11 p.m.
Please note that failure to follow the above rules will result in fines and potential eviction.
When can I move in?
Applications are now being accepted for future tenants. Your move-in date will be determined by the Prince Albert Housing Authority.
What other services are available?
- full subsidized daycare at Saskatchewan Polytechnic Prince Albert Campus
- wireless Internet service at both the Academic and Technical Buildings
- campus nurse on staff (health office opened from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
- recreation services (full gym, weight room and cardio room as well as various programs and events)
- full-service beauty salon
- city transit (runs every 30 minutes on 14 St.)
- Cornerstone business area within walking distance (banking, restaurants, retail outlets, medical clinic, pharmacies)
- Riverside Community School (has resources available for families including after-school and pre-kindergarten programs. School bus pick-up is available at housing units. For more information, contact the school at 306-763-6495).
Saskatchewan Polytechnic in Prince Albert
Prince Albert Housing Authority
230 - 8 St. E.
Prince Albert, SK S6V 7A2