Tips for Reference Lists
- Record only the resources you have cited in the body of your paper
Note the Following
- First names are initials only
- Titles of articles are not italicized nor capitalized; titles of journals are capitalized
- All 2nd & subsequent lines are indented
- doi = data base catalogue number
- If no doi provide URL of the journal home page
- All entries are double spaced
- If two or more publisher locations are listed use the location listed first.
- Write the reference entry in the following order: author, year, title of article, title of journal, volume & edition numbers, pages of the article.
- If there is no author use the title of the article followed by the date, etc.
- When referencing an edited book such as a dictionary, place the editor(s) name(s) in the author position & follow with the abbreviation (Ed.), date, title, number of the edition (6th ed.) volume number, city & publisher.
- APA style:
- APA Format Citations – Sixth (6th) Edition
- How to Prepare an APA Research Paper (pdf)
- APA 6th edition sample citations: