Are you looking for work and a career? Do you need to refresh and build your skills? Career Enhancement is a sponsored program designed to provide the essential tools you need to transition to work and a successful career. Build the knowledge, skills and confidence to find a rewarding job, advance your career and increase your success in further training.
During your 20-week program you will have the opportunity to:
- build fundamental digital/computer and keyboarding skills
- assess your skills, interests, values and personal style
- research the occupations and jobs that most interest you
- set meaningful and realistic career goals
- refresh the essential skills most relevant to your career goals
- develop the tools you need to conduct a successful job search
- add a variety of professional development achievements to your portfolio of skills
For the final component of your Career Enhancement program you will work on-site with a local employer, in exchange for training, skill development, networking, and the opportunity to be considered for current and future employment opportunities.
Career Enhancement is currently offered and supported only through contractual arrangements with our sponsors. Sponsored students must be unemployed or underemployed Saskatchewan residents who are legally entitled to work in Canada. Those approved to attend will have their tuition costs paid and may be eligible for financial support while attending the program.
Career Enhancement graduates may be found in a broad range of occupations and roles, from entry level to professional. The career you target will depend on your qualifications, skills, interests, and the opportunities currently available in your labour market.
- September 18, 2017 to February 16, 2018 (Regina)
- January 8 to May 25, 2018 (Regina)
- April 9 – June 29, 2018 (Prince Albert) Note: Shorter 12-week program in Prince Albert
Interested candidates will be required to complete pre-program assessments prior to entry.
For more information about how to apply in Regina, contact Joan Patterson at email@example.com or 306-775-7467.
For more information about how to apply in Prince Albert contact Charlene Hauser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-765-1748.