Industrial and Trades Courses
This course will be delivered in Moose Jaw and Prince Albert when the minimum number of students has been reached. To place your name on the interest list or obtain more information, call 306-691-8263 in Moose Jaw or 306-765-1563 in Prince Albert You will be contacted to arrange dates and times when the interest list has a sufficient number of people. Please bring personal protective equipment.
|Start and End Dates||Fee||Location||CRN|
|March 28, 2017 - May 18, 2017|
Tue, Thu - 7:00-10:00 pm
Registration deadline: March 28, 2017
|$709.00||Prince Albert||CRN: 201603-655|
|March 13, 2017 - May 3, 2017|
Mon, Wed - 7:00-10:00 pm
Registration deadline: March 13, 2017
This hands-on course for women offers an introduction to a variety of basic trade skills. Course content includes Automotive Servicing, Carpentry, Electrical, Machining, Plumbing, and Welding (Sheet Metal and Masonry included at Saskatoon campus only).Upon successful completion of the course, you are issued a statement of attendance. The course provides women with: increased post-secondary training/education and employment potential in trades the opportunity to explore training options in a variety of trades a realistic understanding of the physical, emotional and academic requirements of training/education and employment in trades Shop sessions include:
- Welding - you will learn to assemble and tack weld steel, use assorted shaping methods, as well as use cleaning, finishing and cutting tools
- Automotive servicing - you will learn to perform a variety of vehicle checks as well as an oil and filter change
- Carpentry - you will learn how to frame and erect a wall, repair a hole in drywall and apply sheathing and drywall
- Electrical - you will learn basic electrical tasks
- Machining - you will learn to use tap and die, cutting, drilling and grinding tools
- Plumbing - you will learn basic plumbing tasks
CSA Approved Steel Toed Safety boots are required for this course For more information about our Regina campus classes, contact Michelle Lanoie at email@example.com or 306-775-7503. For our Saskatoon campus classes, contact Brittany Grimsdale at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-659-4863
Please call 306-775-7427 to inquire about financial assistance.
This course currently has no offerings.